From Nederland is voor de vogels series.
It is said that to stand in the shadow of a Griffon vulture brings good luck. A single feather from this bird, according to Greek myth, could protect against snake bites, cure blindness, and relieve the pain of childbirth.
Recently, around 100 Griffon vultures took an unexpected venture north from their home in the Pyrenees Mountains, cruising on thermal updrafts to the southern part of the Netherlands. Why would the Griffons — with wingspans of up to 2.8 meters — take the 1,000-kilometer trip for only a few days? Despite its large size, this bird seldom kills its food and usually will not touch prey showing any signs of life.
New EU regulations have forbidden Spanish farmers from leaving dead cattle carcasses in their fields for fear of mad cow disease, so the Griffons have nothing to eat as they are scavengers – and rely on carrion for survival.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the paper, not the printed images. There is a 2’’ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Framing Available. Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 37.0" x 47.0"
- Oil on linen
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.