"Fox Theatre" is inspired by San Francisco's forgotten and infamous Fox Theatre building, originally situated at 1350 Market Street. A city landmark designed by the noted theater architect, Thomas W. Lamb. The Fox was considered the world's finest theatre! It was built in the 1920's by a movie pioneer, William Fox, as a showcase for his films of the Fox Film Corporation along with elaborate stage shows. It was one of a group of five spectacular Fox Theatres built by Fox in the late 1920s. (The others were the Fox Theatres in Brooklyn, Atlanta, Detroit, and St. Louis).
The Fox Theatre opened in 1929 with the premiere of "Behind That Curtain", a Charlie Chan movie produced by William Fox. The theater was closed and demolished in 1963 due to financial difficulties. On June 28, 1959, a 30th anniversary celebration took place with the screening of the 20th Century-Fox film "Say One for Me" with Bing Crosby and Debbie Reynolds.
Now located at the site is the tall and unattractive Fox Plaza, a high-rise building with offices and apartments. I wished this theatre was still here!
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the paper, not the printed images. There is a 2’’ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Framing Available. Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 30.0" x 40.0"
- Oil on canvas
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.