This is probably my only recent piece which could be construed as having a political message. However, there are no politics here. The attack on the World Trade Center was an event that will be a scar on my memory for the rest of my life. It has been pointed out to me that this piece attempts to make a statement about that event. The Statue of Liberty wearing 3D glasses could represent the “realer than real” view she had of the mayhem that day or that the US government was blind to the possibility of an attack of that kind. The inclusion of the Twin Towers could be representative of the event in which they were destroyed. The sun has a design similar to Japan’s Rising Sun Flag which was flown during WWII and may hint at the parallels which could be drawn between 9/11 and the bombing of Pearl Harbor.
Of course, none of these assumptions are true. I painted this because I thought it would look cool. This piece proves that people read way too much into art.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 12.0" x 12.0"
- Acrylic and spray paint on canvas
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.