I mark the seasonal changes in my paintings through color relationships. In late August, the sun sets not only earlier each day, but seems to drop through the trees at 90 mph at 7:30pm. I find the painting's strong presence through constantly looking at the landscape. When the myriad of ideas have pulled together, much like all the instruments responding to each other in an orchestra to create a symphony of sounds and impact of feeling, a very specific, emotional feeling, in this case, sunset, emerges. It is the act of breathing life onto the canvas that enables the painting's surface to be like windows or mirrors into which to look. It is the architectural construction of a painting that moves me. How colors relate creates a place into which one wants to reside.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 40.0" x 50.0"
- Oil on canvas
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.