Concerto of Deliverance
This is my best friend Salli Scott. I had less than a week to paint her; she came ‘knocking’ in her usual procrastinating style. Those long nights spent working on this painting don’t matter when we are talking best friends.
Sal and I have been best friends since freshmen in college. We both played on the school’s tennis team, and shared other common interests, which I rather not discuss here. She is well liked and mostly remembered by many as the girl who could play a guitar. There are so many pictures from our college years with her looking as she does here.
So when she told me jokingly that she wanted to be ‘immortalized’, I was immediately thinking …. ‘with a guitar’. I took her pic in my house and with my husband who is also her band member (you’ve heard of them, they are called 13.1) on his way home we had to do the photo shoot fast. I had to respect the fact that some people as myself don’t want an audience when pictures are taken.
I named this Concerto of Deliverance, the title and also partly inspiration for my work comes American novel, Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand. Concerto of Deliverance is a musical composition created by a fictional character Richard Halley. It speaks of troubles before reaching the light; it is a symphony of triumph.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 30.0" x 20.0"
- Mississippi Red Clay and Charcoal
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.