The Bayou Chico
Piece description from the artist
The "Bayou Chico", a freighter built by the Pensacola Shipbuilding Co. of Florida, was built under direction of the US Shipping Board and launched into service in October of 1920.
In March of 1942 she was part of the transatlantic convoy ONS-18. Convoy ONS-18 joined up with convoy ON-202 heading west towards England via the Arctic Circle; they were attacked by German U-Boats and the Luftwaffe. "Chico" was bombed by the Luftwaffe just west of England early in the voyage but sustained minor damage during the attack. She was ultimately scrapped in 1946.
"Bayou Chico" is depicted here hauled out on a marine railway ready for launch back into service. Yard workers are clearing the platform while a tug gives a blast of her whistle to let everybody know she is prepared to ease "Chico" out of the railway once afloat and bring her alongside an adjacent dock.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 22.0" x 30.0"
- Watercolor on Strathmore 300LB WC paper
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.