Piece description from the artist
Archimedes Chiral (the original ink on paper drawing) is available through the G19 Gallery, Rockport, MA.
This piece was recently selected for a a juried show hosted by the "Bridges Math-art organization's":http://www.bridgesmathart.org/ annual international January Joint Math Art meeting exhibition. It was on the cover of the exhibition catalogue, and featured again on the cover of the American mathematical Association's bimonthly magazine. Bridges Math Art is a group of mathematician artists from all over the world.
The title is a pun on the Archimedes Spiral, which is a 2 dimensional chiral object. In this case the black ink patterns overlaid on the spiral suggest differing chiral environments and entities interacting with the spiral path. Pigment ink felt tip fine point pen and prismacolor art marker on Strathmore “Windpower” recycled content acid fee drawing paper.
This piece was made with archival art marker on the reversed side of the drawing, layered heavily and allowed to seep through. This creates colored regions that retain their geometry, but gain texture and softness from the properties of ink spreading and diffusion. Darkening at the edges of many of the colored shapes creates the illusion of a fine line outline, yet shades softly into the shapes’ interiors. The “bleed through” color pattern is a perfect complement to drawn fine line traceries and soft stippled patterns.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 11.0" x 14.0"
- ink on paper
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.